Stuck at home? Want to make new friends? Live in the County? Then Social Groups may be for you.
Since 1975, mosaic has supported a number of social groups in the County. Some have closed since that date e.g. one in Birstall but other new ones have opened. Some have been around since 1975.
All the groups are run by their members; no paid staff are involved (except for at Endeavour) although some may offer a volunteer an honorarium for their work. Each group is independent of mosaic in that they have their own bank accounts, raise money themselves for activities, develop a programme of activities and agree ‘subs’ if agreed. They meet on different days in different types of venues.
The groups are an important part of the services we have developed. A lot of group members say that the groups are the only time they have to get out of the house and meet other people and make friends. Most people find that attending a group reduces their reliance on other services offered by Adult Social Care.
The current groups are:
- Fairfield meets on a Monday in South Wigston area.
- Fleckney meets every other Thursday
- Great Glen meets every other Thursday
- Lutterworth meets every other Monday
- Endeavour Group meets in Barlestone on a Wednesday.
- Spinney, the newest group, meets every Wednesday at Oak Spinney Park